Happy New Year! It is officially 2013, which sounds very futuristic! I wonder if people in the past, like in the year 1212, were like, "Wow, that sounds so futuristic!" Probably not, but something to think about!
Anyways, let's get down to business. This blog is devoted to not just a resolution, but a life change. I have decided to really do something about my weight. Lately I haven't been feeling my best, not enough energy, my clothes aren't fitting right and I am just not happy. And I know what the cause is....poor eating (especially lately with the holidays and my newly-developed delicious cookie-making) and my lack of movement (AKA the gym!).
So last night, while laying in bed, I developed this goal. I figured without a goal, it's very hard to be motivating. I haven't had a goal in a long time, which is why I wasn't very successful. My goal is to weigh the same as I did on my wedding day, which was 135 pounds! Now most people would shoot for something even smaller (like 125), but I am pretty tall at 5'7'' and any smaller than that and my head looks huge!
So now I have a goal...but I want to list my motivation!
1. Most importantly- I want to have energy to be a great wife and mother to my son, Ethan.
2. I want to look hot! Yes, this is my #2, but it's also the truth, and not listing it would just be against what this blog is all about, which is honesty.
3. I want more energy for life! Including energy for my job as a teacher, my family, and my friendships.
4. I want my clothes to fit right. I have discovered that when you are skinny, everything looks good on you. How is that?
5. I want to look sexy for my hubby too! He married me at this weight, (Although when we dated, I was a bit bigger) and I want to get back to that hottness. (This actually belongs higher on the list and is very important to me)
6. I want to feel more confident.
Some other reasons that aren't as important, but still are motivating are:
7. I am in a wedding next September, which is a long time away, but it's still important!
8. Summer is on the horizon (I know, it's a stretch)
9. Instragram pictures look way cuter if you're skinny!
10. I also want to live to be 100 years old, and without making healthy choices, it's not going to happen.
Weight loss is all about choices and I need to be making better ones. So here is my plan:
- Exercise on most days.
- Exercise can include but not be limited to running, Jillian Michael's Shred book and/or DVD, Zumba classes, kickboxing, group classes, yoga, Pilates, hiking and walking.
- Make healthy eating choices most of the time. I am not someone who can completely cut out all sweets. I've tried, several times, and have failed the first or second day. However, if I say I can have some every once in a while, then I am more successful. So for now, I will promise that, if I need it, I can have a sweet every other day. This can be as little as a few M&M's. It's all about choice and with that portion control.
- Healthy snacks on hand. My downfall is around 3:00-7:00 pm. If I can make it through those four hours, then I'm good. Good snacks include Kind bars, almonds, cranberries, nuts, yogurt, chocolate milk, carrot sticks, apple and peanut butter, humus and veggies, etc.
- Making more food at home. This means I need to go to the store more often and plan, plan, plan! Now that Pinterest is so easy to use, there is no reason for me not to cook more often. They have an infinite amount of recipes and great food ideas. My first goal is to cook 4 times a week or more.
- Buy organic more often.
- Switch to non plastics (this doesn't really have to do with weight loss, but it does have to do with living healthier)
No comments:
Post a Comment